Monday, February 3, 2014

The only thing that might make today tolerable is a large quantity of braunschweiger.

In this post: No sleep, no holes, no nothing.

It’s damp and gray in north Texas this morning, and I want everybody to know that I’m crabby, hungry, achy, aggravated, really cold and tired as hell. It’s not easy to be all those things concurrently but I’ve always been an over-achiever. The reason for today’s distress? A SERIOUS LACK OF SLEEP (read my previous post). After hanging out at my desk half the night horsing around with the Howdygram and watching screwy videos, at 5 a.m. I finally conked out on the chaise in the family room and slept until 8:30. I look as lousy as I feel, my feet hurt and my blood sugar is too damn high.

But wait ... there’s more! For the last 90 minutes Sam’s been trying to assemble the expensive new custom-made office chair that arrived last week but he’s having one hell of a rotten time with this thing. He’s called the manufacturer’s customer service manager twice already this morning and learned that apparently the chair was supposed to ship FULLY ASSEMBLED but somebody at the factory screwed up ... so we’re stuck with $365 worth of parts that don’t fit together because the seat and back cushions were shipped WITHOUT ANY HOLES TO BOLT THEM TO THE FRAME. Don’t ask.

Trust me, this is not a great way to start the week. The only thing that might make today tolerable is a large quantity of braunschweiger. I also like this silly donkey video for some reason. Thank you.

No comments: