Monday, February 3, 2014

I can always sleep on the chaise in the family room. Our chaise has ether in it.

In this post: File dumping, mayhem in suburbia, insomnia.

Now that I’m retired and my web design/graphic design business is defunct for eternity I finally decided to clean out a few folders from my hard drive that were jammed with crap I didn’t need any more. For instance, outdated email campaigns, logo ideas for ex-clients, old artwork, designs on spec for various deadbeats and project quotes for people I honestly can’t remember. However I didn’t quite realize until I clicked “Empty Trash” that about 3,200 files were involved and it would take more than 45 minutes to dump them all. As I begin this post I’m finally down to the last 200. Whoa.

Breaking news from our Mayhem in Suburbia department! There was a MURDER/SUICIDE yesterday at a nice little house right here in Mesquite, about five minutes away from our neighborhood Wal-Mart grocery store! Apparently the big hoo-hah revolved around a crabby 55-year-old man feuding with his adult daughter’s boyfriend, in which he shot the boyfriend and then killed himself. The local area map below indicates: A) Howdygram headquarters; B) the house full of previously-mentioned dead people on Edgebrook Drive; C) Wal-Mart on Town East Boulevard; and D) my podiatrist’s office.
I’ve got an insomnia thing going on tonight, most likely the result of two enormous naps on Sunday plus a flare-up of diabetic neuropathy that’s making my hands and feet feel like somebody set them on fire. Fortunately I think I’ll be ready to hit the sack within the next 20 or 30 minutes because the heat in my extremities is starting to subside a little. As a last resort I can always sleep on the chaise in the family room. (Our chaise has ether in it.)

Thank you for reading this.

No comments: