Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Low pressure, a frownyface and hysterical hair.

In this post: Tuesday sucked, a Nutella knockoff.

For the record, Tuesday pretty much sucked around here for the following reasons:

SUCKY REASON #1. Something is weird with the new Whirlpool water heater that was installed on Monday. We’re not getting good water pressure in the shower in our master bath and the heat dwindles down to lukewarm before we’re half finished. Sam called Lowe’s and asked for the installers to come back and troubleshoot because we’re freezing to death and crabby.

SUCKY REASON #2. Sam had a miserable day at the office. I won’t go into detail because you probably wouldn’t understand what I’m talking about anyway, but he came home three hours late with a frownyface and mumbling. It’s never a good sign when Sam’s mumbling.

SUCKY REASON #3. I owe you an apology. I wrote in yesterday’s post (last paragraph) that UPS deposited two big boxes our front doorstep from Netrition.com but I was lying. I assumed two boxes had been deposited on our front doorstep. UPS only delivered one of them because something in the second box got smashed in transit and they sent it back to the shipper. I’M ABSOLUTELY DEVASTATED. (Okay, not really. Maybe severely crushed is more accurate.)

On the plus side, however, I watched Christmas in Connecticut (1945) starring Barbara Stanwyck, Dennis Morgan and Sydney Greenstreet and Hold That Co-ed (1938) starring George Murphy, Joan Davis and John Barrymore with hysterical hair. I also watched this week’s episode of “Dallas” on TNT, ate leftovers for dinner and enjoyed a decadent late-night low-carb snack: two almond squares from the Great Low Carb Bread Company shmeared with sugar-free Go-Lo Hazelnut Spread. The hazelnut spread is a damn good Nutella knockoff.
Holy crap, it’s 2 a.m. Why didn’t you remind me to go to bed?

No comments: