Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Learn how to make Sam’s favorite marinated salad.

In this post: Good things to eat.

My project du jour? Making a huge tub of cucumber & onion salad because SAM LOVES THIS STUFF and he requested it last night when he got home from work. My recipe is an old standard (I learned it from mom) with four basic ingredients: cucumbers, onions, vinegar and sugar. However I like to use two kinds of onions (red and white) and due to having diabetes I prefer granulated Splenda to sugar. A sprinkle of dill is nice, too. (Also black pepper.)

Sam will be heading to Wal-Mart this morning to load up on ingredients and I’m so excited I typed out my grocery list at 5 a.m.
In case you need help with this, here’s the recipe:
  • 6 large cucumbers, sliced thin
  • 1 purple onion, sliced thin
  • 1 sweet onion, sliced thin
  • 1 cup white or apple cider vinegar
  • ½ cup sugar (or granulated Splenda)
  • dried dill weed and/or black pepper to taste
Stir together the vinegar and sugar/Splenda and add your seasonings. Place the sliced cucumbers and onions in a big Tupperware container and pour the dressing on top. Snap on the lid, flip the container upside-down a few times and refrigerate. Ta-da! It’s a SALAD!

    No comments: