Sunday, September 22, 2013

I don’t mind eating cake with a soup spoon.

In this post: Edible baking disasters, Emmys, Real Housewives.

Now that I’ve successfully dodged the FBI (see previous post) it’s time to get y’all up-to-date with the rest of my Sunday activities, all conveniently listed for you below.
  • I watched the Emmy Awards tonight on CBS. I was pretty sure I’d be bored because my TV viewing habits aren’t especially mainstream, so it was a pleasant surprise to find out that all of my favorite shows were nominated (and some of them even won), such as “The Daily Show,” “Downton Abbey,” “Mad Men,” “Real Time with Bill Maher,” “The Newsroom,” “Veep” and “Project Runway.” Michael Douglas won a best actor Emmy for kissing Matt Damon in Behind the Candelabra. It was a very stirring moment.
  • On tonight’s episode of “Real Housewives of New Jersey”: 1) Teresa is accused of hiring thugs to tweet a lot of lies about her sister-in-law Melissa; 2) Melissa goes to Orlando to sing on the radio; 3) Caroline desperately needs veneers and a face lift; 4) everybody goes to the grand opening of a cheesy salon; and 5) Kathy’s son gets a Jeep for his birthday. Let me know if you need additional details and I’ll be glad to fill you in.
  • I severely underbaked a low-carb chocolate pound cake tonight because I had my oven recalibrated a couple of months ago and forgot to add back 10 minutes when I set the timer. Technically I wound up with a pan of chocolate pound cake PUDDING, which is no big deal because it still tastes great and I don’t mind eating cake with a soup spoon.
  • I can’t think of anything else.
 I don’t know about you, but I really love my new caption font. Life is good.

    No comments: