Friday, August 16, 2013

Dodging bullets, eating cheesecake.

I dodged a bullet today, people. After I got a call from CVS pharmacy this morning that my new cholesterol medication was ready for pickup I decided to research Fenofibric Acid (Trilipix) online ... AND I REFUSE TO TAKE IT. I won’t even let Sam pick up the prescription. The side effects listed are worse than the miserable statins that almost killed me, and 75 pages of patient reviews on WebMD.com include terrifying comments like “intolerable muscle fatigue,” “developed gall stones and cysts on my kidneys, liver and thyroid,” “take this lousy drug off the market,” “don’t take Trilipix, it will ruin your life,” “my husband’s legs are so weak he had to quit working” and “muscle pain so severe I don’t want to live.”
Sorry, but I’ve been through enough. I’m done. After my miserable experiences with Atorvastatin and Pravastatin I refuse to go through this crap again. I already have enough challenges staying mobile with arthritic knees, plantar fasciitis and neuropathy … why should I deal with exhaustion, paralysis, permanent muscle damage, uncontrollable urination, acid reflux, gall stones, kidney failure, itching, dizziness and debilitating back pain on top of that?

I sent an email to Dr. M a couple of hours ago with my discoveries and decision. I haven’t heard back from her office yet but I’ve got the cordless phone on my lap and I’m waiting. As always, stay tuned for further developments but please feel free to continue your normal routine in the meantime.

I need cheesecake. Thank you.

No comments: