Wednesday, July 24, 2013

We’re planning a road trip.

There’s breaking news this morning from our Let’s Get Marcy Out of the House department. WE’RE PLANNING A ROAD TRIP! This time Sam wants to head west to the Rocky Mountains, which is fine with me because mountains are entertaining and attractive, and I’m always excited to go damn near anywhere. Since I don’t have the wherewithal to hike or engage in any mountain-inspired outdoor activities, I promised Sam I’d bring along a sack of crunchy things and a couple of books and hang out near the car so he can shlep up and down various trails as much as he wants. And then we’ll go to a restaurant.

Unexpected storms are heading our way today. They’ve stopped for breakfast in southern Oklahoma and should arrive in the Dallas area within the next couple of hours. So far I have no idea if we’re expecting substantial rain from this event or not, but any amount of free water is welcome around here because Texas is still stuck in a drought. The red star on the following map indicates Howdygram headquarters in Mesquite. If you zoom in, I’m the senior citizen in the blue robe waving her cane. Wave back if you want to, okay?
Sam will be home from the supermarket in a few minutes, which is a good thing because I’ve had an insane craving for a large volume of lunch meat — specifically, Hillshire Farm super-thin chicken breast, pictured below for your possible interest. This is actually one of my tamer cravings, since I usually I go for a crazy explosion of flavor, such as: 1) chocolate soy milk, Mexican Velveeta and green olives; and 2) pickles and biscuits.
Let me know if you want to stop by for a snack today because visitors are welcome with advance reservations. Thank you.

2 comments:

Scott K. Johnson said...

Ooh! That road trip sounds great!

Marcy Marks said...

I can’t wait! Sam and I love getting away together. My biggest challenge will be finding the best way to travel by car with insulin. For last year’s road trip I bought a crappy thermal insulated “wallet” thing from Amazon that didn’t stay cold and ruined half a dozen insulin pens. Any suggestions?!