Saturday, August 25, 2012

Howdygrammin’ on a Saturday night.

Yo, y’all. It’s a pleasant Saturday night in north Texas and I thought it might be fun to hang out in the study and do some Howdygrammin’.

After an unusual day that began with a low blood sugar incident at 6:30 a.m., which I remedied with six dried apricots (the ones we bought last Sunday at Costco) and a Schwan’s Egg McMuffin knockoff, by 11 Sam and I were sitting in Pepe’s and Mito’s Mexican Cafe in Dallas, where we enjoyed damn fabulous food — glorioski! chipotle wine sauce! — presented by a couple of damn swell servers. I requested guacamole for dessert because I’m diabetic.
We napped most of the afternoon, I watched Never a Dull Moment (1950) starring Irene Dunne and Fred MacMurray, and for dinner Sam picked up our FREE APOLOGY MEAL from Dickey’s (see earlier post). This time the brisket didn’t include brittle little bits of meat-flavored formica and they actually gave us a full pound of smoked sausage. (Thank you, Dickey’s.) Afterwards I made a sugar-free chocolate cheesecake, which is already in the refrigerator becoming awesome as I write this post.

For your possible interest, the cheesecake is an instant mix I ordered from the eDiet Shop. You just whip it up with nonfat milk and pour it into a square glass pan (with no crust) and refrigerate. So easy even an Einstein can do it! There’s only 80 calories per serving and eight measly carbs, and for around $8 you get enough to make THREE CHEESECAKES. Holy crap, right? They also sell mixes for pumpkin cheesecake, chocolate chip cheesecake and regular plain cheesecake. If this one’s a hit I’ll have to try the others, too. I’m particularly happy about the chocolate chip mix because chocolate chip cheesecake is seriously cute.
According to a news story I just read on NBCnews.com, the first day of the Republican National Convention in Tampa has been canceled due to Hurricane Isaac. Personally, I think this is a classic example of GOP brainpower at its best and one that’s suitable for framing. These medieval Einsteins aren’t even smart enough to not schedule a convention in south Florida in the middle of hurricane season. I also find it amusing that the Evangelical Christian right is so deliriously excited about a Mormon and a Catholic, who are neither Evangelical nor Christian. Pictured below are Mitt Romney and Paul Ryan, looking a lot like the dudes from Brokeback Mountain.
Thank you for reading this!

No comments: